Friday, February 8, 2008

Brother, can you spare a dime?

ABC news is reporting that Hillary's financial woes may have been a publicity stunt geared towards keeping pace with Obama's financial prowess.

Now, if that is true, it bothers me in a visceral way. Yesterday at work, I told a co-worker and fellow Obama supporter that I actually felt bad at the apparent dissolution of the Hillary campaign. First the rumors of staff going without pay, Hillary's $5 million dollar loan, and even rifts in her campaign in Iowa where her campaign mismanaged it's budget. I sort of felt bad for the old girl. My friend quickly pointed out that if the tables were reversed, it's hard to believe that Hillary wouldn't have capitalized on her opponents woes. I think he's right. Hillary has a killer instinct. Perceived weakness lands you with her jaws snapping at your jugular. That said, even though intellectually i applauded the development, my inner female felt sympathy. I can see my sympathies were misplaced.

Thank you Hillary for reminding me why Obama is the right choice.

No comments: